Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Ultimate Book Tag

Hi readers! Here is a really cool tag I found on +Savannah Bookswithbite blog. I loved all the questions so now I will be doing the same!!

The Ultimate Book Tag!

Do you get sick reading in the car?
Usually No, I am not a carsick person, however lately I have been so carsick!!! I am unsure why but I tell you what, I do majority of the driving in my family. My husband has a very tough job and he drives 12 or more hours a day. I don't mind doing it but its nice when he drives and I get to read...if I'm not carsick :)

Which authors writing style is unique to you and why?
This is such a tough question. On one hand I could say Harper Lee because To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite book or I could use Roald Dahl as he is my all time favorite author. I think in the spirit of this tag I am going to choose someone that has very recently spoken to me and that is Cat Winters. Her writing is enchanting. She takes historical fiction, adds a supernatural or some sory of spooky undertone and makes art.

Harry Potter series or Twilight Saga, give 3 points to defend your choice. I HATE TWILIGHT!!! I read it 2 or 3 years before Hollywood butchered the story and butchered is putting it nicely so I choose Harry Potter for these 3 reasons...
  • Hagrid is life
  • Witches are badass
  • the story as a whole is so much more in all areas of writing.
Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it besides books?
Yes I do! I have my chargeable book light, chapstick, my kindle and charger and my books :)

Do you smell your books?
No, I used to because some books smell really good but no I just kind of stopped... I guess...

Books with or without little illustrations.
I LOVE books with any illustrations.

What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Twilight Saga.

Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
The movie adaptation of Matilda came out when I was about 7 or 8 I think and I remember wanting to be just like her. So I got all my books out and started at page 1, I would get bored and throw it away. I did that for a few hours and realized I hated to read and why am I wasting time when I could watch another movie!!!

What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy By Tim Burton <3

What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write better than I read. I have been told for my entire life that I need to be a writer. I prode myself on my writing abilities.

When did you get into reading?
Not until I was 14 and had to read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I hated reading until then.

What is your favorite classic book?
I hate this question because I don't read classics. I have tried so many times to savor them and see the beauty of them because they are the basis of literature but I get so wrapped up in trying to understand them completely that I lose interest and become frustrated. So I guess To Kill a Mockingbird because its the only classic that changed my heart.

In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English, Debate and Journalism.

If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would keep it!!! Its a gift and I love all presents!!! and someone took the time to choose that for me so why throw it out?!?!

What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I can think of a million lesser known series that deserve to be read but none of them are life either HP or THG...

What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don't have a booktube channel but I do host live feeds via Instagram and I say Ummmm a lot.

What is your favorite word?
Compassion

Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
well... my mama calls me dork frequently, I call myself a nerd but haven't been called a dweeb yet...

Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires, but certainly not the Cullens. I mean the saddest Vampires in all land Louis, Lestat and Claudia from Interview with a Vampire (which I actually read and disliked, but I ADORE the movie)

Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters because I have only read the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick and it was ok...

Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits, gimmie a good old fashioned ghost story anyday!!!

Zombies or Vampires?
I HATE ZOMBIES!!! so overrated!!!!

Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love, the triangle thing is becoming so over played.

and finally, full on romance or action packed with a few love scenes?
I am a sucker for a crazy good romance!!

Hope you all enjoy this and stay tuned for more tags!



No comments:

Post a Comment