Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Book Challenge Day 2

Hey everyone! It's Day 02- A Book That You've Read More Than 3 Times
I picked A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, anyone who knows me knows about my love affair with this book.
This book has been one of my favorites for about 13 years and I have read it at least twice a year since my mom bought it for me all those years ago. I was in the biggest reading slump I've ever been in when I got it and fell in love with reading all over again. It's such a wonderful story full of magic and mystery, and I always recommend it to everyone. I'm going to share with you my all time favorite part of the book, there are mild spoilers so if you don't want any spoilers don't read any further!

"What frightens you?
What makes the hair on your arms rise, your palms sweat, the breath catch in your chest like a wild thing caged?
Is it the dark? A fleeting memory of a bedtime story, ghosts and goblins and witches hiding in the shadows? Is it the way the wind picks up just before a storm, the hint of wet in the air that makes you want to scurry home to the safety of your fire?
Or is it something deeper, something much more frightening, a monster deep inside that you've only glimpsed in pieces, the vast unknown of your own soul where secrets gather with a terrible power, the dark inside?
If you will listen, I will tell you a story--one whose ghosts cannot be banished by the comfort of a roaring fire. I will tell you a story of how we found ourselves in a realm where dreams are formed, destiny is chosen, and magic is as reals as your handprint in the snow. I will tell you how we unlocked the Pandora's box of ourselves, tasted freedom, stained our souls with blood and choice, and unleashed a horror on the world that destroyed its dearest Order. These pages are a confession of all that has led to this cold gray dawn. What will be now, I cannot say.
Is your heart beating faster?
Do the clouds seem to be gathering on the horizon?
Does the skin on your neck feel stretched tight, waiting for a kiss you both fear and need?
Will you be scared?
Will you know the truth?"

No comments:

Post a Comment