Saturday, February 18, 2017

30 day book challenge day 06

Hello, hello, hello! Its been a crazy day here in my town. The rain has caused so much flooding and damage that all major highways out of town are closed... I am so bored!!!! My husband almost didn't make it home yesterday from his training program. Thank goodness he did! Anyway we are at day 6 so lets get into it!
Book that makes you sad...
The Fault in Our Stars is one I never would have picked up. Howrver, a lady I worked with who was a survivor herself told me that she personally hadn't read it but that other survivors had and loved it so I thought "okay I'll try". I am so happy I did. This is a love story unlike anyone I had ever read. These two hopeful and sick souls don't let cancer define them. They embrace themselves and each other. Hazel and Gus are a force to be reckoned with and many literary couples can't compare to these warriors. I adore this story but I have to say, I don't think I have ever cried so hard at a book in my life... Great read, I always recommend it!
day 7 tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment