Saturday, March 25, 2017

Ashes to Ashes Book Review


"Don't Go to school November 1st"
Ashes to Ashes by Valerie Thomas.


   Natalie is a normal teenage girl living in a gated community when an altercation between her brother and a strange boy named Zach, leads her to meet a pink haired Girl named Love. Love is a smooth talker who can convince Zach to not try and stab Ben, Natalie's brother and who can talk her way out of anything. She can also be a common link to a string of Suicides happening at Emerson High School and Natalie is bound and determined to get to the bottom of it. Meanwhile Natalie begins dating a boy named Evan, who in my opinion seems a bit too good to be true, but after tragedy strikes him close to home he too is on the hunt to get to Love or to get rid of Love. What we find out is that Love is hiding a big secret. One that contains magic and something that could change the lives of Natalie, Ben, Evan and herself. Its a race against time to find out why people are dying, and why November 1st is such a feared date. This story combines a dark mystery, with a bit of romance, some untimely deaths and magic.

   I absolutely loved this book!! I found it so easy to read and so quick. The characters were complex, but no much so that they were unrelatable. This was the first, I guess Mystery, I have read in a really long time and I found myself wanting to find more clues and figure out who was the real "bad guy". The plot twists were timed well and whenever they hit I was left with excitement to turn the page.

   I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars! The only issue I had with it was that the biggest plot twist left me a bit confused, I think it was because I was so focused on finishing it that I began to read too fast. It was a fantastic book, and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment