Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making By Catherynne M.Valenti

Hi readers! Its been quite some time since I have posted. As you know I am a very busy lady! Hope all of you are doing well and ready to hear all about my latest read. Now first off, with my busy schedule I have very little time to read (a post about that and some tips is coming soon!!) So lately I have been reading while I work out. I just get on the tredmill and powerwalk and I read and that is how I was able to get this book read and this review ready to be posted!
Picture Provided via my book theme Instagram!


Synopsis: A Girl named September lives a quiet life with her Mother and Father until one night a Leopard called The Leopard of Little Breezes comes to take her on the adventure of a lifetime. During this adventure she takes a bath, meets a Wyvern names A through L or Ell as she calls him, begins turning into a tree, meets a Marquess named Mallow and visits a land where its only fall all the time!!! She has very little time in this place and has to confront Mallow before her time runs out.

Here is my review on this whirlwind of a story. I have had this book for years now and every time I tried to read it I could not get past the first chapter. That's not because it is boring by any means but it was not my time to read it. The first page alone has enough excitement to hook any reader. About a week ago I had posted a picture via Instagram with the cover of the book and a friend commented that she had read all of the Fairyland books and how I would love them, so I finished the book I was currently reading and began The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and I cannot tell you how much I loved it and how wonderful of a book it was. Upon reading the first  pages I felt that I was in a familiar place. A place where I had visited once before, a long time ago and I couldn't quite put my finger on where that place was until I started the next few chapters and I realized that I was in a place closely related to the Classic Stories of The Wizard of Oz, Alices Adventures in Wonderland  and The Phantom Tollbooth. This story was so similar to those 3 books that it was like revisiting those old and timeless tales. I cannot tell you how satisfying this story was and how put together the entire plot was. When I wrapped up today I found myself feeling a bit sad because I had seen this force of a girl called September travel to new lands, make new friends and find her way back home all in one piece. September felt like she was my friend through this book and she was the girl I wish I could have been at her age.

I HIGHLY recommend this book to people young and old. You will not be disappointed and I am about to start book two as soon as I wrap this up! Give it a try, you wont regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment