Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Caraval book review

Hi friends. I just finished reading Caraval by Stephanie Garber and wanted to do a review, so lets get into it.

A Brief Synopsis: two sisters Scarlet and Donatella want to escape their abusive father and go to play the ultimate game Caraval. Caraval is led by a mysterious man named Legend. Each game is creative and unique and there is always only one winner. Scarlett and Donatella get their chance! After years of writing to Legend, their wildest dreams of playing the game comes true...or does it?

The book is broken up into the days spent on the Isle playing Caraval. Its made up of 5 day that include lust, riddles, clues, suspense and a love between sisters that can be unbroken.

My opinion... I really disliked this book! Maybe its because all I have heard is people raving about it and my expectations were not met? Maybe its not my kind of story, I don't know. I hated the characters, I found Scarlett to be so dramatic and over the top. I found Donatella to be selfish and annoying. I think that the concept of the story is one that has never been done and that it why I was so intrigued by it. By the halfway point I found myself, forcing myself to finish it. By the end I was so dissatisfied with the overall execution that the ending was nothing short of a disappointment.

*quick disclaimer* many of you will disagree with this review, I know that so be kind in my comments please!

The silver lining is that I did appreciate the immense love the sisters had for one another. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers so I know that love of doing anything for your sibling. I found that to be very heartwarming and sweet and it made me miss my siblings.

Overall I give it 🌟🌟 two out of 5 stars.

Check back for more reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment