Thursday, July 21, 2016

One True Loves By Taylor Jenkins Reid

Hey readers, I am literally 30 seconds finished with this book and I have to wipe away the tears and begin this review. This book goes something like this...
Boy meets girl at a party
They drink
the cops show up
they hide
they walk home once the coast is clear
they get caught
arrested
Fall in love
They get married
Emma and Jesse
live in California
she writes
he takes pictures
The day before their 1 year anniversary he travels
the helicopter crashes
hes dead
she grieves
she meets a familiar friend
she begins to love
they become engaged
Emma and Sam
Her phone rings
Its Jesse
He survived the crash and is coming home
Her seemingly perfect life is turned upside down
who will it be
Jesse, her first love, her past, her Husband
or
Sam, her friend, her new love, her Fiancee'

Okay i had to get creative, I couldn't just summarize this book because it was so poetic and beautiful. What i wrote is the jist of the story. Writing a formal review seems so boring and bleek by comparison after reading this heart wrenching story.

So here is what I thought. In the beginning I was all about Jesse and Emma. I loved their love because it was young love. Lets be honest young love makes your heart ache when you think back to the times you yourself were in love. Once Jesse was gone I was heartbroken for Emma. My husband works a tough job and It was hitting too close to home for me and I almost didn't read it. Then Sam came in and began to make Emma feel happy and normal again and I found myself falling for this man who came into Emma's life and made her feel whole again. Life for them ended up being perfect until Jesse called... Emma was left to decide if she wanted to be with her past or take on her future. A few days in Maine with Jesse was all the information she needed.

That is literally all I am willing to say about the summary of it, You have to read it to really understand it, It is one of the best books I have read in a LONG time. My best friend made me read it and last night in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I read over half of it. I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed because I knew I wanted to prolong this book as long as I could.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. It deserves more stars in the sky. I loved Sam, I loved everything he did and how he did what he did for love. I loved that Jesse was the first love because he was the best choice for that role. I loved Emma's life in California and in Acton. I loved everything! 

If you haven't read it and are considering it just do it! Its a tear Jerker, its beautiful, is messy, its complicated and its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment