Monday, July 4, 2016

50 shades of Grey

Hello Readers! I haven't posted a book review in awhile and since I am currently watching this movie it reminded of this exact time 2013 when I began reading this book. so here is my review.

50 Shades of Grey is an erotic fiction about a college student named Anastasia Steele who interviews and is seduced by the young and handsome businessman named Christian Grey. Little does she know that she is seducing Christian as well. This is a book of a woman's sexual awakening.
When this book came out it took everyone by surprise. It was a "marriage saver" for some (or so I'm told) and a story that caused great uproar for being too sexual but come on people when the first person to read this talks about it word of mouth will get around quick.

This book is for lack of a better word pure smut, however its a quick and fun read. Ashley and I both read it and by the end we were both like "it is what it is". I do believe that this book and series as a whole was vastly over rated but overall not too bad. You have to take it for what it is. By that I mean its pure sex and the odd relationship between a man and woman who have a more colorful life under the sheets. This is not a masterpiece and the writing is very poor, but again what can you expect from a book solely about sex right.

I give this book a 3/5. I liked the characters and that was really what made me enjoy the book. I love how moody Christian is and how as the story continues Ana becomes quick witted and funny. I would not recommend this book to those who are easily offended or who are planning to read it because of its hype. Just remember, it is what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment